Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday Tunes--a day late

Monday should have been Music Monday, but alas, I was a lazy bum yesterday. And I would like to say it was well deserved. Very rarely have I taken an entire day off during the week. I will at least feel guilty if I do. But yesterday, not so much. It felt fantastic. Although now I really have to hit the books. Finals start frighteningly soon, and I am NOT ready. So the next couple of weeks will entail: teaching myself an entire semester of copyrights, making con law outline, BA outline, comparing PR outline with notes. Only 4 finals. SWEET! I had 4 last year, but writing didn't end so far from exams. I'm pretty sure our cite exam was decently close to finals. But this year, not so much. I'm done with writing FOREVER. OMG, that sounds amazing.

Now for Tuesday Tunes...which should have been Music Monday. I apologize :). Lately I havent really been listening to stuff that I want to blog about. Otherwise this would just be a tribute to Pandora.com. The most magical internet radio. Unless you've been listening to it for 2 weeks straight. Then you get used to all the stuff they play. Oh well. It still gets me through.

Instead, here is one of my fav. John Mayer songs. I know there are some of you out there that sicerely do not like him. I am not one of them. I still love him and Dave Matthews for that matter. Its easy to listen to, and especially when it comes to Mr. Mayer, it can be pretty soothing when you're stressed. So here is one of my fav. songs of his recent album. I think it is kinda fitting for the current state of things.


Is there anyone who
Ever remembers changing their mind from

The paint on a sign?
Is there anyone who really recalls
Ever breaking rank at all

For something someone yelled real loud one time


Everyone believes
In how they think it ought to be
Everyone believes
And they're not going easily

Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword
Like punching under water
You never can hit who you're trying for

Some need the exhibition
And some have to know they tried
It's the chemical weapon
For the war that's raging on inside

Everyone believes
From emptiness to everything
Everyone believes
And no ones going quietly

We're never gonna win the world
We're never gonna stop the war
We're never gonna beat this
If belief is what we're fighting for


OK. no explanations. I just like this song. If you ask me why, maybe I'll tell you. But for now, its staying in my pretty little head.

Now if I can just convince the media to stop talking about the election......Seriously, I just wanna know "whats happening in my kneck of the woods" Al!! Hopefully it will all die down soon. I miss the Today show. Seriously, I dont even want to hear the rest of the Palin interview, because then I have to hear the commentary for the next 2 days. SHOW ME SOME FALL FASHION! haha at least at 8..maybe then I can manage to stay awake rather than fall asleep. I will say I'm looking forward to the "ends of the earth" segments. Mount Kilamanjaro, Sydney Harbour....the 7 year drought in Aussie-land. I'm excited. I can't help it. They said today it would take Ann like 8 days or something to summit the mountain. Well she better get on it! I need to see some snow!
OK. I feel like today will be a 2 blog day. So you'll have to wait for the later installment for something more interesting if this didn't fit your fancy.

No comments: