Thursday, November 20, 2008

Happy Almost Holidays



Before I begin my FANTASTIC post. I would like to give a shout out to the Netherlands! WHAT UP GELDERLAND?! leave a comment...tell me about yourself! how'd you stumble across this place? please and thank you ;)

I would like to point out for those who are not aware, it is November 20. Not December 20. Therefore I should not be hearing Christmas Music when I'm in the middle of the mall. C'mon people. I know we're all excited about Christmas. But if I cant put up MY Christmas Tree, neither can you WAL-MART.

If you would like to indulge yourself in Christmas music, that is fine. I, however, will not be indulging until after Thanksgiving, silly me with my traditions. ( I know I decorated my page..leave me alone)

Ok, without further ado; here is my list of things I enjoy about the Christmas/Holiday season:
1. Decorations: I dont do every holiday, but I make a point to decorate for Christmas and a little for Thanksgiving. I really like all my stuff for Christmas so far, but I am really excited about collecting lots of decorations to put out with my kiddo now and future kiddos. My parents always had so many decorations, and I loved putting them out, well helping. :)

2. Holiday Spices: Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love Apple Cider, and I've been enjoying the last few years with Pumpkin Spice flavors. Coffee, bread, scents. I LOVE it!

3. Family: I'm super excited about spending this Christmas with my new family. AND I get to spend a lot of time with my mom. Which makes me super super happy. I don't get to see either of my parents very much, but it has been especially hard having my mom out of town. We get to spend the first 5 days of our vacation at her cute new house. I'm pretttyyy excited! AND I get to see my dad too. I dont know for how long, but I'm looking forward to seeing him and my grand-dad. There are some extenuating circumstances that are going to make that hard, maybe I'll blog about that whole situation, but its not fantastic. Small recap: my gramd-ma is really sick. ANYWAY I'm excited for my Thanksgiving too. Because sometimes even the family you make for yourself is pretty awesome :) and I'm super excited to share one of my fav. holidays with my awesome Texas family!

4. There is so much more I love about this time of year, it could be such a long post. I love the food, the colors, just all of it.

So, what do YOU love about the holiday season?


2 Christmas Pictures
1. A Texas Christmas
2. An AU Christmas (before they quit putting the Christmas tree out...and before they started calling it a "Holiday Tree"..stupid...what? so can we put it out on all the holidays? Memorial day here I come with my big ass decorated tree!)

No comments: