Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weekends Used to be More Fun ...

Don't get me wrong, my Saturdays are usually pretty good. This one was especially fantastic. I took the entire day off!! WOO HOO! I'm sure I'll pay for it later, but damn it felt good not to crack a book yesterday! And it was nice to have people over and have one too many margaritas. But I tell you what, I swear weekends used to be a helluva lot more fun. These days my weekends entail: work on Saturday during the day (mostly consisting of reading for the next week/catching up from the last), work all day Sunday. So really, Friday nights and Saturday nights are the only times I actually don't do anything. WOW. That is sad. And people, we aren't talking one weekend a month here, this is every single weekend I am in school. With the occasional weekends like this one...which only happens when the week brings me to tears at some point. This week it was Thursday, and I must say it was ugly. I did, however, make it pretty far through the semester without encountering a world shattering break down. I give myself kudos and a pat on the back for making it this far without pulling my hair out. I don't know about you, but I don't think I would look half as cute as Posh (Victoria Beckham) with a pixie cut! The fact my hair is longer than the length of a fingertip is a direct reflection of the people I'm surrounded by, 1. they keep me sane 2. they would make fun of me for looking like a boy with that hair cut :)

OK. Moving on. School has had enough of my week/weekend conversation. NO MORE!

I am now deciding what I will be for Halloween. I haven't dressed up for Halloween in YEARS. I usually go with Hayden, but I never do so in costume. I remember my parents used to get dressed up with us. My mom had a pretty sweet wicked witch of the west costume...green face and all! And my dad went as a cowboy one year I think. So this year some friends of mine are having a grownup Halloween party, my first go round with people my own age on Halloween since I was in High School and we went trick or treating. (lame I know..but you have to give us credit, we stayed sober!but if everything goes well, the same will not be said for this year!) Anyway, I'm stumped!! I know what I'm not going as: a lawyer, or a judge. PERIOD. haha. Now I just need to figure out what I should go as. Sexy anything is a stretch for me. I don't do short skirts...and let's get real here, my ladies need more support than a skimpy top. So. Any ideas?? I can do cute..and would prefer not to do scary/bloody. Just not slutty! haha. If you have any creative ideas/ideas at all PLEASE leave them here! I'm stumped. OH and I'm so down for going as a celebrity couple..because we have to decide what Jacob is going to go as too! But Brad and Angie are NOT happening...I can't stand them...Anyway...lemme know what you think!!!


PICTURE TIME! So much has changed since this picture was taken. This was the night of my graduation party over Spring Break 2007. Jacob asked my dad and my brother if he could marry me that visit :). And soon after we were engaged! I can't remember if I had been accepted to school yet, but I THINK I had, but I'm not sure. So..I was preparing to move out here, with every intention of continuing to heal the relationship with my dad that was going wonderfully over the past 4 years while I was living in Alabama. And now..I'm married, my dad lives in Pennsylvania, and my mom moved back to AL, and Brent is no longer Brent al la "Brent and Cristina". If you had sat me down and told me how much my life would change after this picture was taken, I would have told you that you needed to seek professional help. I miss my family terribly, and I wish I had had more time with my dad before he moved up to PA, but I'm lucky to have the time we did have. And my mom, I miss her more than she'll ever know :) but I know she's in a better place in AL than she was here. She has a great house, and plenty to keep her busy! ANYWAY. Life changes, and there is no way to predict how much it will change or how fast, only later do you figure out how true that saying really is...I can't believe its been this long since then, and at the same time, it feels like yesterday.

No comments: