Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oh Boy

UPDATE: I looked at my Feedjit...I have a hit from Wasilla Alaska. Please tell me it's a Palin. Please!!! If you visit again Alaska, leave a comment, lemme know who ya are! Too friggin cool ya'll!


Commercial on TV: You need a vacation...from cruise .com. DUDE My TV is creeping me out! How did it know!?

Finals have been brutal. But I must say, better than last year this time. I have 2 open book tests..sweet sweet deal I tell you. AND only 1 exam that I had to write an essay (which was the death of me, we'll get to that in juuust a minute). Lets just say that after Friday, the pressure was off. I've spent the last few days workin on my mental health. This includes, but is not limited to, sleep. I cannot tell you how precious sleep is in this current state of stress. haha I can't "stress" it enough! lol. If I don't get enough sleep, or enough good sleep, I'm no good to anyone. Not even myself.

So...Thursday, 5p.m., I'm bawling. Friday 1 a.m. I'm STILL bawling. It was rough. Very Very rough. I cant even begin to explain what that kind of stress/lack of sleep can do to you, but its not pretty. I am so thankful that I have a mom who totally understands me and knows when I need coddleing and when to just tell me to shut it, I'm not dropping out, period. And a husband who will do the same. And a best friend for that matter. She said she'd disown me if I did. Needless to say, I'm still enrolled. Not happy about it, but enrolled. Barring another all out nervous breakdown, I'll get to graduation "aka" the hooding ceremony (so freakin sweet, almost worth it just to say I got hooded at graduation....does that mean I get to wear baggy pants and call all my friends shorty? lol..soooo wrong). For the simple fact that if I dont finish, I'll disown myself. This is something I've wanted to do since I was knee high to a grasshopper. (thanks for that saying babe). So, I'll finsih. Mostly for the wanting to, but also because if I dont, there will be a long line of Hollons, Whites, Grzymeks, Griswolds, Tacketts, Duggans, Buntes...and the list continues....that will be ready and willing to kick my butt!!!

ANYWHOO!

On to better news. I'm seriously looking forward to being done with finals so I can bake. Paula Deen had a show on last night that was about a cookie swap and she had so many good recipes on there I just HAVE to try and make. There is one I'm going to tweak...I can't wait to see how it turns out!! And Ms. Deen was on this morning making a Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake with Strusel topping..OMG it looked TO DIE FOR! So that will be getting made. (and em, lemme know if you want me to bring any of this yummy goodness to Cocktail Land. I'm so down.)

I also was able to assemble our Christmas tree, it has no lights nor a significant amount of decorations. Our "The Whites" ornament that I bought on Black Friday made it and the tree topper made it. Thats it. I suppose we will tackle that either later today or tomorrow. Who knows? I did get the rest of the decorations out. The tree is all thats left. But don't be too impressed. I just started collecting Christmas decorations, so there isn't very much that had to be put out!

OK well I guess I need to get back to my studies. Hope everyone out there is having a wonderful holiday season, and by that I mean the holiday season is the only thing getting me through these finals, so it better be wonderful. I am oblivious to the fact that it might not be.

Here is a picture of our wonderful ornament. Then a picture of the kiddo. He's a goob.


No comments: