Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ode to CockTailLand

Last night was the most fun I've had in months. Good friends, good food, good booze and good gab, it really doesnt get any better than that! Emily and Nick were such good hosts. Nick is by far the best nursetender barnurse bar-practitioner I've ever met. Seriously, the best mixed beverage. Just dont ask me what was in it. Couldnt remember even if I wanted to, because I do want to, but I do remember that it had to do with shipping the mixer in from Disney WorldLand. Anyway, it was a fantastic way to end a less than fantastic semester, and it MUST be done again! Either in Fort Worth or back in CockTailLand!

As for the rest of my weekend: it was pretty good too. Went to Sam Moon on Saturday, and aside from being a cluster eff of people, it was good. Got Jacob's mom's Christmas presents. But I will say that there are some interesting folk who travel to the Sam Moon on a Saturday afternoon. The crowd ranged from middle aged women trying desperately to fit in with their daughter's friends (questionable outfit..lemme tell you) to the not so figure flattering extremely tight clothes, leggingings included. ew. I'll just say ew. Most of Saturday was spent shopping. Did I get anything for myself? why yes, a pair of sunglasses. Thats it! I was proud. I definitely spotted things that I wanted. Everywhere we went things were jumping off the rack asking me to buy them. Everwhere that is except the Gap. I could not for the life of me find a frigging $25 sweater. See they were having a "every sweater is $25" sale. Well it should have been "every ugly sweater we have is on sale, so buy it, cuz if you dont we wont sell any new ones that you might ever like" sale. I know the name is a big long, I suppose that is why they went with the abriged version. I digress...

Sunday (today) I cleaned (omg...my house was a mess) then we went to the nature center for a little site seeing. Something to enjoy this wonderful weather we're having! I hear we should enjoy it because it isnt going to last. Cold front tomorrow, freezing rain on Tuesday. BOO!

I think that about sums it up! Other than a little video gaming, that is how my weekend went. Aside from a small panic attack when I woke up thinking I had all this work to do for school. Boo. That sucked.

Here is to a fantastic rest of the Christmas Break!

This is K and myself in front of ancient indian scripture. or....grafitti..either way...

No comments: