Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Leukemia

Glad I got your attention!

Some of you may know already, but my Mom was diagnosed with leukemia in April of last year. She has CML. Its very treatable with medicines and she is almost in remission, but she will need to remain on her meds for the rest of her life. She is currently not a candidate for a bone marrow transplant, if some of the variables get better and some get worse, her doctor will begin exploring that as a possibility. Right now she is doing well, so we are just taking it one doctors visit at a time!

The reason I'm finally tell you this is because I joined Team in Training. I will be raising money to help the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society while I train for a marathon. I will be running the full White Rock Marathon in December.

If you want to know more about my mom's Leukemia, more about why I'm running or want to help me rais some money..check out my Team in Training website.

I'll be updating on here my progress as far as training goes and fundraising. Hopefully I'll have a good strategy soon and can let you in on the greatness!! Until then, please spread the word!!

No comments: