Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm feeling HOT HOT HOT

Man it was a hot one last night. (that's what sh....oh..well..I'll keep that in check for now)

I ran 4.5 miles last night..it was SUPER hot!!. I didn't go until almost 7, but it was still nearly 100 degrees when we left the house. (I'm just guessing, but yeah...it was stinkin hot).

It was definitely a hard won 4.5 miles, but it was good getting out and getting it done.

Having the motivation of the marathon and Team in Training is certainly helping. Just thinking about people who are out there suffering and can't get up and do normal things, helps me through when it gets rough. Its a choice I'm making to better myself and raise awareness and money,they didn't choose to get sick. Its a huge motivator when you just want to quit. I had one of the best runs in quite some time the night we joined. Just knowing that I am getting involved in something so great was a real boost to the run that night. The heat is not cooperating at the moment, but I'm sure it will get better with time. It has to cool off at some point right??

I did get a "fuel belt" (an awesome/not so awesome looking belt that has water bottles attached to it)...it has been helpful when it gets hot...I look a damn fool...but its all for the greater good right??? right????

Ok I'm outta here....Just thought I'd follow up on my progress thus far...I'll keep ya posted...next time I'll even throw in stuff that doesnt involve running! Promise!

No comments: