Sunday, August 2, 2009

In Training

We had our first training session with TNT yesterday morning. We only ran 2 miles with the team but we got our purple bracelets for having money in our account and we got our hats for having a 25 dollar donation or more within the first week! YAY Team!

The meeting itself was a real blast. I was my somewhat socially awkward self as usual. There may have been a couple of inappropriate jokes about my mom calling me special and letting me leave the house without my helmet...I also may have made some people slightly uncomfortable by informing them that my life has sucked for the last 2 years because I'm in law school...Ive got to work on my bitterness quotient, it was at critical mass on Saturday...possibly because I REALLY dont want to go back to school lol. I'm going to need to work on that..the whole not being socially awkward thing..it could make this whole attorney thing a little bit more difficult. lol. ANYWHO

I'm still thinking of more ways to make money. Maybe doing a bake sale at school? I'm not sure. If you have any awesome ideas, let me know, I'm open to suggestions. Although I do have my own restrictions...lets just say there will be no car washes in bikinis for me. No one needs to see that...lol....My mom and I are working on a cookbook to sell, but I can't be sure if that is going to happen until it happens, so I'm really concentrating on figuring out more ways to make money. I'm going to send out letters to friends and family in the next week, so hopefully you guys will come through! And my family too!!

Its all for a good cause!

The feeling of raising money and getting something done for those suffering with blood cancers, it really is an amazing feeling.

I'm going to link you guys to my website...so go check it out..PLEASE

Here is a running photo I promised. I am going to take one with my TNT shirt..just not yet! I'll have to get one with my snazzy new hat too... :) Yeah..so white shorts..not so flattering. Even less flattering when they are a size too big. Awesome. I'll have to remember that next time.

If I ever get up the guts, I am planning a particularly hilarious post about the things no one tells you about when you start training or even start running for that matter. The things your body comes up with to tell you how much it hates you every step of the way is nothing short of a comedy of errors. Who knew a body could be so picky! I'll think about all the things I've learned and share them with you...you know..so you can remember me when it happens to you..and smile knowing you weren't the only one. :)

Hope you guys have enjoyed that nice bout of weather, I have a feeling its gonna be HOT HOT HOT again!

No comments: